Fall is in full swing, and what better place to celebrate than the champion of trees, and ultimate autumn destination, than The Morton Arboretum in Lisle? For the best events in the Chicago suburbs this season, head to the Arboretum and discover activities to suit any interest. The Village of Lisle is celebrating the change of season with The Morton Arboretum Fall Fest, which combines seasonal activities, educational experiences, social events, and nature excursions for the ultimate celebration of fall.
Morton Arboretum Fall Fest: The Best Fall Events in the Chicago Suburbs
The Morton Arboretum Fall Color Festival will be running all of autumn, allowing you to soak in the brilliant fall colors in nature, along with exciting activities and events for adults and children alike. Lisle’s Fall Color Festival is the ultimate celebration of Fall and all of the exciting adventures it entails. Events range from a Full Moon Tram Tour to Glass Pumpkin Patch to Spider City and Family Jack-o-Lantern Hikes!
Fall Color 5k Run: Celebrate the Fall Color Fest at the Morton Arboretum by running or walking the Fall Color 5k Run on Sunday, October 4, 2015! Rolling terrain leads directly to a post-race party and complimentary beer and recovery food. Proceeds from the race go to support the Arboretum’s mission to plant and conserve trees for a healthier environment.
Mystery Dinner at Thornhill Mansion: Attend Thornhill Mansion’s mystery dinner in your favorite 1920’s costume to solve a murder mystery committed during the Grand Gala in October 1922. You will be greeted with a glass of champagne and enjoy an open bar and photo booth while mingling with guests, followed by a 4-course dinner and time to solve the mystery.
Morton Arboretum Tree Illumination: From November 20, 2015, to January 2, 2016, prepare to be dazzled by LED lights and trees that respond to touch and voice, making a magical night of more than just tree lighting.
Other exciting Fall Color Festival events include:
- Oaks Uncorked: Sample oak-aged wines and learn about the iconic arboretum trees on Tuesday, October 6.
- Family Weekend: Enjoy a 3-day weekend of face-painting, story-telling, live shows, and more from October 10-12.
- Nature at Night Tram Tour: Explore the Arboretum at night by tram to discover wildlife, spooky sounds, and nature mysteries on October 17.
- Cider and Ale Fest: On October 24, adults can discover a whole range of seasonal ales and ciders while taking in the natural beauty of fall.
- Halloween at the Arb: Children can dress up in their favorite costumes, meet fantasy characters, and take part in a trick-or-treat scavenger hunt on Halloween.
- Boo Breakfast: On Halloween, families can head over in their favorite costumes for a spooky breakfast with special visits from Halloween characters
- Nature Connects Art with LEGO bricks, Scarecrow Trail, Annual Bulb Sale, Meet the Beekeeper, and many more!
For a full list of events, visit the Fall Color Festival page.
Morton Arboretum Fall Fest: Make the Most of Fall
Whether you are looking for spooky Halloween fun, educational experiences the opportunity to immerse yourself in nature, family-oriented activities, or adult social events, Lisle and The Morton Arboretum promise to give you the best fall and Halloween events in the Chicago Suburbs. Visit our website for a full list of events and to register for the activities above, and many more!