Veggie Fest Chicago, one of the largest free vegetarian food and lifestyle festivals in North America, is moving to Lisle for the first time. If you would like to take part in the health food and vegetarian diet trend, or just want to get the family outdoors to a unique, fun-filled, and free event, then Chicago Veggie fest in Lisle is the perfect weekend plan.
The purpose of Veggie Fest Chicago is to offer a family-oriented festival as one of the unique events in the Chicago suburbs that celebrates a healthy, vegetarian lifestyle. The festival will feature a diverse array of fun, healthy, and educational activities, including:
- an incredible international food court
- live music from local Chicagoland bands
- food demos from some of the best chefs around the world
- featured speakers consisting of doctors, nutritionists, and educators
- a children’s section will be focused on hands-on activities that are geared towards fun and education
- over 125 vendor booths presenting on the topic of good food and healthy living
Also noteworthy is the “learn to be a vegetarian tent”; perfect for people who want to learn more about what it’s like to be a vegetarian. Who knows, you might even walk away taking the Veggie Fest vegetarian challenge, where individuals commit to a vegetarian diet for one week. There is also a veggie art contest children’s parade, and everyone who attends gets a coupon book with thousands of dollars in discounts from local stores and businesses! Chicago Veggie Fest is also a good cause, hosting a blood drive and food donation center each day, along with a featured booth for the Humanitarian service project.
The Village of Lisle is pleased to announce that Lisle Veggie Fest 2015 will be hosting its 10th anniversary festival at Benedictine University in Lisle on August 15th and 16th from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Lisle’s very own Mayor Broda will be opening up the festival to up to 50,000 attendees from all over the world. Bring the whole family, because attendance is free!
Chicago’s Veggie Fest in Lisle has teamed up with Stay in Lisle (Lisle CVB) to provide you with some of the best hotels in the Chicago Suburbs. Lisle Veggie Fest attendees have access to the top hotels in the Chicago suburbs, conveniently located right in Lisle only minutes from the festival:
- Hilton Lisle: Book one of the Hilton Lisle’s beautiful guestrooms or suites for your stay in the Chicagoland area. Not only will you feel at home with the luxury amenities including a fitness center and top-rated Allgauer’s Restaurant, but you can relax in a peaceful hotel in the Chicago suburbs, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Plus, you will be only minutes from the festival.
- Sheraton Lisle: Stay in Lisle at the Sheraton for a top of the line experience and find yourself in proximity to Chicago Veggie Fest in Lisle, along with all of the other activities that Chicago has to offer. After enjoying a summer day eating health conscious international cuisine and listening to live music, continue the gourmet dining experience at one of the Sheraton Lisle’s three onsite restaurants, or continue your health kick at the indoor pool and fitness center.
- Hyatt Lisle: The recently- renovated Hyatt Lisle boasts a garden-style atrium, spacious rooms, and views of the nationally renowned Morton Arboretum. The Hyatt is the perfect place to stay to enjoy all that Lisle Veggie Fest has to offer, plus more.
- Extended Stay America Lisle: From complimentary breakfast, to Wi-Fi, to pet-friendly room, Extended Stay America Lisle has everything you need for the perfect weekend away from home. It is known as one of the best hotels in the Chicago suburbs for travelers on a budget.
Come spend the weekend at Chicago Veggie Fest in Lisle for a relaxing weekend of family fun outdoors!
For more information, contact the Lisle Convention & Visitors Bureau at 630.769.1000.