Holiday Happenings in Lisle!
Lisle Convention & Visitors Bureau
Tis the season! When the holiday season goes into high gear, Lisle goes NUTS with non-stop holiday happenings. There will be a parade, tree lighting, food trucks, ice-carving, concerts, trains and more. Join us in Lisle as we celebrate the magic and wonder of the season with some great holiday events. The Top Five things to do this 2017 holiday season in Lisle, not surprisingly, are the same old traditional favorites that the Village of Lisle celebrates annually with a few new twists.
Prepare to be dazzled… We’re kicking off our holiday happenings with a GLOW of lights!
- Illumination Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum – The grounds of The Morton Arboretum will glow again with dazzling LED lights and trees that respond to touch and sound from November 17, 2017 through January 1, 2018. New this year is the Illu-medallion. Groundbreaking technology lets you be part of the interactive light display when you purchase a glowing, wearable Illu-medallion that reacts to the spectacular sights and sounds along your journey. This is a one-of-a-kind family activity you won’t want to miss! Ticket prices can be found on their website org.
- Lights of Lisle – To prepare for Santa, Downtown Lisle is decorated with beautiful holiday decorations. Festivities begin at 4:30 pm on Saturday, December 2, when the Santa Parade brings Santa to Main Street, then on to the Museums at Lisle Station Park campus. Join Mayor Pecak for the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, held at 6 PM at the community holiday tree on the grounds of Village Hall. Watch an ice carver transform a block of ice into a beautiful creation. Be sure to take a trolley ride through the downtown to view over 1500 luminaries that line the streets and PrairieWalk Pond. Between the Village, Villa St. Benedict and the Lisle hotels, assorted cookies will be available to satisfy your sweet tooth! Food trucks this year will be Toasty Cheese and Da Lobsta. Don’t forget to stop by the heated Holiday Market Tent for some of your holiday gifts and treats.
- Once Upon a Christmas – The Lisle Heritage Society celebrates old fashion holiday fun on Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3 with children’s crafts, music, brick oven baking, and blacksmithing. At the Black Smith Shop, kids are able to pump giant bellows to give oxygen to the flames where the iron is being formed to make horseshoes, nails and other small artifacts. If you are a train enthusiast, HO gauge model trains will be on display in the Netzley /Yender House. The kids can also meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Depot Museum while munching on some sweet snacks.
On Sunday, December 3, several of Santa’s reindeer will be making a personal appearance! The reindeer will make a brief stop at the museum park from 11am – 1pm. Their appearance is being timed to give the children on The Lisle Santa Train something extra special to see when it pulls into the Metra station at 11am on Sunday.
- Lisle Santa Train will leave on two trips to the North Pole and back beginning at 9:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. on Sunday, December 3, from the Lisle Metra train station. The 11-car double-decker Metra commuter train will loosly recreate the trip enjoyed by the award-winning children’s book penned by Chris Van Allsburg, “The Polar Express.” A Train Conductor, dressed in his conductor’s suit and hat, will help young people and Santa board the train and shout “all aboard” when The Christmas Train is ready to begin its trip. He along with the Christmas Train Engineer, Wayne Dunham, will collect tickets from the children. Between the live reindeer at the museums at Lisle Station Park and a make believe train ride to the North Pole, a fun time will be had by all! Expect to find costume characters on board, volunteers such as the Girl Scouts, Lisle Teens with Character and Lisle High School Key Club will be leading Christmas carols. A small gift will be passed out and of course Santa himself will be traveling in every car to see the kids!
- Hilton Lisle – Award-Winning Allgauer’s Restaurant, located in the Hilton has an amazing Thanksgiving and Christmas Day brunch every year and 2017 is no exception. The Thanksgiving Brunch Buffet features snow crab legs, butternut squash bisque, deviled eggs, herb-crusted leg of lamb, honey-glazed ham, sage-roasted turkey, lemon meringue tarts and more. The Champaign will be flowing and be sure to expect special tantalizing items for their Christmas extravaganza!
Have you registered for Hilton’s Breakfast with Santa? It is an annual event, held Saturday, December 9 in the Regency Ballroom that features a grand breakfast buffet with an omelet station. Children are able to visit with Santa all morning and each receives a special gift. The highlight is a magic show designed just for kids! The magician has the kiddos sitting right up front on the carpet where he involves them every step of the way and leaves everyone is awe. Reserve early as this annual tradition sells out every year. Call 630.245-7600 for reservations.
Bring in the New Year by going to Hilton’s New Year’s Eve Gala! It begins with an opening reception with butler passed hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy either a 3 to 5-hour open bar “Shaken … Not Stirred” Martini Bar until 10pm. Feast on a custom five-course duet dinner created by their Executive Chef. Celebrate the New Year with a champagne toast at midnight and dance all night with entertainment by the Michael Heaton Band® and DJ by Sounds Abound — plus, another DJ and dancing in a second ballroom!
Lisle Hotel Specials – For me, it wouldn’t be the holiday season without enjoying a festive cocktail or two. Hyatt Lisle will be offering special Peppermint Martinis in their lobby bar! Make sure to check out the Hilton, Hyatt and Sheraton Holiday Hotel Packages on the Lisle Convention & Visitors Bureau’s website www.StayinLisle.com for special pricing for your out-of -town guests! Also make sure to check out their Special Offer page for other discounts in Lisle.