First let me start off by telling you where Lisle is located. The Village of Lisle is centrally located in Chicago’s western suburbs – situated at the intersection of I-88 and I-355, just 25 miles from Chicago and O’Hare and Midway Airports. How’s that for easy access?
What’s unique about Lisle is that we have three full-service hotels: Hilton, Hyatt and Sheraton. The hotels are equipped with superior meeting space, exceptional service levels, appealing guest rooms, indoor pools and all have well-equipped fitness centers. We also have an Extended StayAmerica which is designed for your longer stays.
Lisle’s claim to fame is The Morton Arboretum, an internationally-recognized 1,700-acre outdoor museum with more than 4,000 kinds of trees, shrubs and other plants from around the world, easily explored along 9 miles of roadways and 14 miles of hiking trails. They have many cool leisure activities such as, Theatre Walks, outdoor concerts, a narrated tram ride, snow shoeing in the winter or biking in the summer. The Morton Arboretum is truly breathtaking all four seasons of the year!
Lisle also has two universities – National Louis University and Benedictine University. The Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex, is home to the DuPage Hounds – a summer collegiate wood bat team and Chicago Red Stars – an American professional soccer club.
The Lisle area has plenty of shopping and restaurants with a wide variety of vibrant downtown shopping communities, area malls and the Chicago Premium Outlets as well as quaint neighborhood dining, famous Chicago restaurants and a range of national restaurant chains.
- We have a newly renovated nature themed downtown Main Street.
- Eyes to the Skies Hot Air Balloon Festival is held over the July 4th holiday.
- Lisle has access to a variety of public transportation options, including Metra commuter rail and Pace suburban bus service.
- The Chicago Bulls/White Sox Training Academy, Sea Lion Water Park, golf and area casinos are either within Lisle or just a short distance away.
- You can visit St. Procopius Abby, a renowned architectural gem, and the Sacred Heart Monastery where you can tour the beautiful chapel and Mary of Lourdes grotto.
- Hit the slopes to ski or snowboard at Four Lakes.
- Experience a historic train depot, blacksmith shop or an 1800’s era caboose at Lisle Station Museums.
As you can see, there is so much going on in this small but elegant and sustainable village. I invite you to come and Stay in Lisle. You will not be disappointed!
See you soon,