Don’t you hate it when you and your friends want to hang out but can’t think of anything fun to do? Or maybe you’re racking your brain trying to think of something out-of-the-box to do with your kids!
Well, we have just the thing for you!
Lisle will be hosting the Eyes to the Skies Festival July 2nd – 4th. There will be food, fun, and games for the whole family! You can even experience the beauty of watching hot air balloons launch gracefully into the air. Say goodbye to the typical “dinner and a movie” and join us for incredible activities, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
About Eyes to the Skies
The Eyes to the Skies Festival has been one of Lisle’s most popular events for over 30 years. More than 100,000 people attend the event annually. The festival has confirmed for people all over America that Lisle is one of the best event venues in Chicago suburbs.
Over the years, Eyes to the Skies has received both local and national attention, featured on the Today Show, CNN, and Good Morning America, and highlighted by the Chicago Tribune, the Daily Herald, the Chicago Sun-Times, and more.
The Eyes to the Skies Festival will feature a variety of amazing activities, ensuring there is always something
exciting to see or do.
- Hot Air Balloons – Few sights are more spectacular than watching several hot air balloons lift off. Launches will take place at 6 AM and 6PM each morning and evening of the festival (July 2nd – 4th).
- Tethered Balloon Rides – Ever want to experience what riding in a hot air balloon feels like but are a little too nervous about it? Well then a tethered balloon ride is something you should check out while at the festival! Tethered balloon rides allow you to ride in a hot air balloon that is tied to the ground and raises up between 50-100 feet in the air, stays there for a short time so you can experience the incredible view, and then comes back down. They are on a first come first serve basis and are located West of the bridge on Short Street inside the festival entrance. Rides are $20 for adults and $15 for children. Click here for times and more information.
- Carnival – The carnival will be open from July 1st – 5th, offering a wide range of fun rides. (To enter the carnival for free, be sure to go through the West gate entrance.)
- Children’s Area – The Children’s Area is the place to be, including tons of fun activities (face painting, indoor skydiving, etc.) and on stage shows.
- Craft Fair – Located on Short St, east of the main festival entrance, the craft fair will be the perfect place to shop for one-of-a-kind, handmade art, clothing, jewelry, and more.
- Fireworks – The firework shows are scheduled for 9:45 each evening on the 2nd – 4th. The show on the night of the 4th will be a special holiday tribute to our great nation.
- Parade – The Independence Day Parade will take place at 11 AM on July 4th in downtown Lisle, honoring those who have sacrificed for our freedom.
What better way to celebrate our independence than with amazing live music? The Eyes to the Skies Festival offers just that. Not one – but TWO stages will provide you with quality entertainment throughout the festival. If you love live music as much as we do, then you’ll agree that Lisle is one of the premier event-venues in Chicago suburbs.
One of the headliner bands is 10,000 Maniacs, one of the area’s most critically acclaimed groups. Country Music Award nominee The Swon Brothers is also headlining. Other bands that will perform include: Stache, Chicago 6, Avenue Beat, OMT (One More Time), Chicago Tribute Anthology, American English, Black Cadillac, Supercrush, and more.
As if the activities and entertainment weren’t enough, the food featured at the Eyes to the Skies Festival definitely qualifies Lisle as one of the top event venues in Chicago suburbs. Whatever you’re hungry for, they probably have it! Put your taste buds to the test as you explore the wonderful selection of cuisine. To see all of our food vendors, please visit: http://eyestotheskies.org/food/food-vendors/
The Eyes to the Skies Festival is a not-for-profit organization. As such, they are always in need of the help of numerous volunteers in order to make it a success. Here are some of the areas they currently need volunteers for:
- Ticket booths
- Drink sales
- Alcohol sales
- Balloon crews
- Tethered balloon ticket sales
- Festival set-up
- Festival tear-down
If you’re interested in volunteering, sign up here.